Tweet, Share & Like [ EnAcCiOn ]

 

FeedBurner FeedCount Y Facebook | EnAcCiOn

Send Voicemail | EnAcCiOn

Contact me using vCita | EnAcCiOn

Contact me using vCita | EnAcCiOn

Meeting Scheduler Powered by vCita

lunes, 22 de junio de 2015

I am offended by some of the images used in reCaptcha

Hello Google, I am a vegan and animal rights activist. For a living, I review and edit videos of animals being punched, kicked, beaten with crow bars, scalded alive, raped, castrated, decapitated, burned with hot irons, skull-crushed, maimed, sexually abused, forced to live in small and filthily living spaces, exploited, teased, terrorized, tortured, and slaughtered. All of this happens every day and is industry standard on factory farms and in slaughterhouses across the world, but mostly in the United States of America in order to produce, process, package, and sell chunks of animal flesh and bodily fluids for profit.  Starting last week, I have been required to manually select at least two images using reCaptcha as a security measure and Clickbot deterrent before I can process a payment or continue onto a following page. I understand this is a new useful tool to protect online security...that's great, but during a majority of these transactions, I have been confronted with photos of processed animal squirts, creams, and flesh in the form of cheese (on pizza),  ice cream, and bird and mammal chunks like steak and ground cow (burgers). I am required to choose which one matches the master photo.  During this process I am forced to mentally connect with these images that I normally steer clear from because they cause me emotional distress ever since learning about all the horrors that animals go through in our modern factory farming industries. Also, from watching hours of video, I have disgusting and terrifying images that now flash through my head when I see cheese, milk, animal flesh, ice creams, and other animal products. I'm sure I speak for thousands of other compassionate and educated people who do not support the torture and killing of animals for human consumption, that these images are offensive and it's very disturbing to have to interact with such terrors on a regular basis now that Google has started using these reCaptcha images. I request that Google remove all animal product photos from its reCaptcha system and use only compassionate and earth-friendly images like, "which of these is a bowling ball?" or "which of these shoes look like this image (pleather sandals)?"Thank you for your time, Adam -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reCAPTCHA" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to recaptcha+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to recaptcha@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://bit.ly/1dkFnYd. For more options, visit http://bit.ly/P65DvS.

No hay comentarios:

EnAcCiOn

Contador Web | EnAcCiOn

EnAcCiOn

EnAcCiOn

EnAcCiOn

Blog Archive | EnAcCiOn